Laurie

RETURN TO THE MAIN SITE: www.todayisatreasure.com
ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPHERS: LAURIE
~
One of my favorite sayings is "If you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life." That makes me lucky, because that is how I feel about photography. Our children grow up in the blink of an eye, wedding days fly by, pregnancies are short-lived, and all that is left are your pictures to tell the story.

I am a mom of six amazing children, and have a wonderful husband who supports me wholeheartedly in everything I do. My life, quite honestly, is full to the brim. They are my biggest joys and I am truly proud of each one of them. My children have taught me patience, how to love unconditionally, and how to laugh every day. My husband has taught me to respect, and how to be more understanding and compassionate. Life teaches us lessons and it's what we learn from them that shapes us into who we are today.

I have worked as a photographer since 1997, although it was something I loved long before it became my work. It started as part-time studio work that I enjoyed so much, I moved on to make it my full-time job. After seven years, I took time away to be home with my children, and two years later I started assisting a friend with weddings. After the first one, I knew it was time to get back to doing what I loved. After about two years of weddings, opportunity presented itself to start up Timeless Treasures Keepsake Photography. Studio work AND weddings? What could get better than that? Julie (who has been my best friend for too many years to count), and I have always had a common interest in photography, so we jumped in with both feet. We both have different styles of shooting, so it gives our clients so much variety. Working with your best friend and doing what you love… can it possibly get any better?